As well as the Chairperson post that was advertised yesterday, the Shots Foundation is also seeking a Manager to deliver the Foundation’s key priorities.
The current board of the Shots Community Foundation have ambitious plans to develop Aldershot Town Football Club’s role within local community through their registered charity trust.
Please find job description below:
Title: Shots Foundation Manager
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 (pro rata)
Hours: 20 hours per week (often including weekends)
Working Location: EBB Stadium, High Street, Aldershot, Hampshire GU11 1TW
Reporting To: Shots Foundation Board of Trustees
Purpose of post:
To develop, manage and co-ordinate a fully inclusive, collaborative and successful community engagement programme using the power of the Aldershot Town FC brand.
Shots Foundation Key Priorities:
* To provide opportunities for young people to play football whatever their ability or background
* To inspire and motivate more young people and their families to be physically active and to lead healthy lifestyles
* To work with our local community, particularly those that are disadvantaged, to help raise aspirations and improve life chances
* In consultation with the Shots Foundation Board and the Chief Executive, develop and implement a programme of sustainable projects, programmes and events to achieve the key priorities detailed above.
* Manage the Foundation’s finances in line with budgets and provide reports to the Chief Executive, the Foundation’s Board of Trustees and funding providers, as appropriate.
* Monitor and evaluate the Foundation’s projects, programmes and events to ensure maximum impact.
* Identify and secure funding through grant providers to deliver the Foundation’s activities.
* Develop strong partnerships with schools, grassroots clubs, community groups and key stakeholders to ensure the work of the Foundation is meeting the needs of the community and to maximise awareness of opportunities.
* Ensure effective communications with colleagues within the football club
* Provide excellent customer service, representing the Foundation and Aldershot Town FC well, at all times
* Ensure all the Foundation’s activities are led by suitably qualified and experienced coaches and tutors
Key Skills and Experience Required: Essential
* FA Coaching qualification; minimum Level 2 award
* DBS Check
* Significant experience of using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
* IT literate
* Ability to work as part of a team and also to demonstrate the use of individual initiative
* Excellent customer service skills
* Sound financial management skills
* Sound organisation and planning skills
* Driving license
Key Skills and Experience Required: Desirable
* A background in sports development or health promotion
If you think this role may be of interest to you please e-mail Aldershot Town CEO Laura Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering note explaining what skills and relevant experience you would bring to this role.
Closing date for applications is Monday 5th November 2018 at 5PM.