Aldershot Town Academy are delighted to invite you to our Mental Health Seminar on 12th March to be held at the Club’s EBB Lounge from 7pm to 9pm.
The seminar will be delivered by an organisation specialising in mental health awareness. 80 people are expected to attend the seminar such as parents, academy coaches, first-team players and of course, Aldershot Town supporters.
The subject of mental health has been and continues to be highly visible in all aspects of our lives. The response was very positive when this idea was expressed to us to be a part of the initiative.
The Aldershot Town Academy will be there to help address the subject and express the importance of mental health to the attendees.
We want to try and make everyone from coaches, players, staff and most importantly parents comfortable about discussing mental health problems in the same way that people talk about physical injuries.
The topics we’ll be covering are:
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill-health in young people and guide them to a place of support
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
- Dealing with peer pressure, as well as pressure young people put on themselves
- Positive ways to encourage young people, to ensure they achieve their potential
Please let us know if you will be joining us and feel free to bring a guest or two!