MATCH REPORT: Shots 8-0 Hamble Club

A dazzling display from the young Shots at the EBB saw brace’s from Danny-James Carter, Toby Nelson and Marc Nouble, and goals from Milo Derham and Mark Holley in an 8-0 win which sent Aldershot through to the next round of the FA Youth Cup.

Youngster Marc Nouble was involved a lot in the early goings, proving a handfull for the Hamble defence to deal with. However, in the early goings Luke Robinson had his number, denying him from going round him in the 20th minute and getting down low to deny his first shot of note in the 24th.

The Shots had the better of the early possession, and two quick goals gave the hosts a strong hold on the tie. Marc Nouble scored the first, finishing from close range after Toby Nelson’s first effort was parried into his path. Danny-James Carter came up with the second three minutes after the first, scoring low beyond Hamble ‘keeper Luke Robinson after Nelson slid him through superbly.

Toby Nelson got himself on the scoreboard after providing the first two, and even provided this one for himself. Nelson was taken out by Hamble stopper Luke Robinson in the box, earning a pen, and calm as you like Nelson stepped up and sent the ‘keeper the wrong way to make it 3-0 to the Shots.

It would get even better for the Shots in the first half, as Marc Nouble capitalised on a sloppy back pass and rounded Luke Robinson, and with an empty net to aim at he had no other choice but to double his tally and add a fourth for the Shots just before half-time.

HALF TIME: Shots 4-0 Hamble Club

It took hard work but the Shots would add a fifth goal to their lead in the 59th minute. It came after a few good chances missed, the first from Morgan Elliot as he had a header cleared off the line. Moments later Marc Nouble had a chance one on one saved before his squared pass to Danny-James Carter was sent over the bar.

The goal eventually came from Toby Nelson, as he converted a good Shots move from close range into an empty Hamble net to make it 5-0 to Aldershot. The goals came like London busses, as two minutes later the Shots had a sixth goal. Toby Nelson again was involved for the Shots, as he cut open the Hamble defence to find Danny-James Carter, Carter making no mistake as he tapped the ball past Robinson to make it 6-0.

Krystian Komosinski and Milo Derham were the first two changes just after the hour, as they came on in place of Reece Mather and Horatio Fowler, and Morgan Elliot took the armband in place of Mather.

A fantastic showing from Toby Nelson came to an end with 15 left on the clock, as cramp got the better of the youngster, seeing him replaced by Edward Cooper.

A relentless Aldershot side had a seventh in the 86th minute. Krystian Komosinski got himself into space in the box, and squared the ball to Mark Holley, who slotted past Luke Robinson to make it seven to Aldershot on an impressive night all around for the Shots at the EBB.

It wasn’t done there for Aldershot, going until the final whistle and making it 8-0 in added time. Milo Derham was found on the edge of the box, and some good quick feet wriggled the ball onto his right foot, and his effort was excellent into the bottom corner.

There was a late dismissal for Aldershot, but it wasn’t enough to deny Aldershot going through to the next round of the FA Youth Cup.

Shots XI: 1. Alex Walder, 2. Horatio Fowler (12. Krystian Komosinski, 62′) 3. Wilf Douglas, 4. Reece Mather (C) (14. Milo Derham, 62′), 5. Kaden Hughes, 6. Morgan Elliot, 7. Danny-James Carter, 8. Mark Holley, 9. Marc Nouble, 10. Toby Nelson (17. Edward Cooper, 75′), 11. Maddox McMillian

Unused Subs: 13. Euan Brindley (GK), 15. Charlie Sell, 16. Naman Gurung, 18. Felix Hills