WHO ARE THE SHOTS PLAYING?
Weymouth FC, The Terras, Founded 1890
HOW DID THEY DO LAST SEASON?
The Terras finished 18th last season, with 39 points, 13 points and 3 places behind the Shots.
HOW DID SHOTS GET ON AGAINST THEM LAST SEASON?
Rather oddly, both sides won their away games, without conceding a goal. In January this year, two Andrew Dallas goals gave Weymouth a 2-0 win at the EBB Stadium. In April, Aldershot left the Bob Lucas Stadium with a comfortable 3-0 victory, thanks to two Josh Rees strikes and one from Harry Panayiotou.
WHO’S THEIR GAFFER?:
40-year-old Brian Stock, a Welsh International back in his playing days, was appointed Manager of the Terras in Setpember 2020, following the departure of the now Shots manager Mark Molesley, who left to take charge of League Two Southend United. Stock made 500+ appearances across a twenty-year playing career, most notably for Bournemouth, Doncaster Rovers and Havant & Waterlooville. In the Terras first season back in the top tier of Non-League, Stock kept Weymouth up with an 18th place finish.
Stock released 11 players at the ed of last season. They included former Shot Alefe Santos and former Shots loanee Myles Anderson. Jake McCarthy signed for Havant & Waterlooville and another former Shot, Josh Wakefield for Salisbury.
10 players remain contracted at the club including captain Josh McQuoid, left back Ollie Harfield, midfielder Andy Robinson and forward Sean Shields.
Stock has made 11 new signings this season, including; Keeper Ross Fitzsimmons (Stockport), Defender Tyler Cordner (AFC Bournemouth), Midfielder Xander McBurnie (Barnet) and Forward Bradley Ash (Chippenham), who is the joint top scorer for Terras in the league, having scored three goals, the same as Josh McQuoid.
Josh McQuoid played for Aldershot Town during Gary Waddock’s most recent spell as manager.
WHO’S GOT THE WHISTLE?
Saturday’s referee is Daniel Middleton. This season, to date, he has taken charge of 6 National League matches, showing 24 Yellow Cards and 3 Red Cards.
HOW TO GET TICKETS:
Kick-off begins at 7:45pm for Mark Molesley’s team as we would like to remind both home and away supporters of our ticketing/match-day protocols HERE.
Our Ticket Office will be opening on the day of the game from 9.30am for home supporters who would like to purchase on the day of the game, (we advise fans planning on buying tickets on the day to arrive earlier). We further encourage supporters to pre-book their tickets via our upgraded Flowte ticket website HERE to avoid queues on the day.
With our Flowte ticket website, supporters can pick their exact seats and have their tickets emailed to them which can be scanned off a smart phone or printed off before the day of the game.
We will NOT be accepting payment at the turnstiles but for supporters who decide to attend closer to the game, they will be able to purchase their tickets via the Club Shop/Ticket Office in person through cash, card or contactless payment.
Following this, please use the scanners on the turnstiles to enter through to the ground once they’ve collected their ticket.
Turnstiles will open at 6:30pm.
We would also like to take the time to remind supporters of our new pricing structure going forward.
With updated Concession categories and in replacement of our Under 11s Go Free scheme, we have now introduced a new Family Ticket as shown in the full pricing list below:
- Adult – £20
- Concession (Disabled + Carer, Senior (over 65) – £16
- Junior (17 & under) – £7
- Family Ticket (2 Adults, up to 3 Juniors) – £45
- Family Ticket (2 Concession, up to 3 Juniors) – £40
• Tickets for away fans will not be available on the turnstiles on the day of the game, they must be purchased online or from the ticket office.
• All Weymouth F.C. Supporters will enter the ground via Turnstile 4 at the front of the ground. This game is not segregated.
• Disabled/Carers should be booked in advance via our ticket office, but if they arrive on the day those people need to purchase their ticket from the ticket office. We have limited wheelchair spaces, so we advise supporters are advised to reserve them prior to the game.
• Any planned Supporter Coach travel needs to be advised to Aldershot Town in advance so that coach parking can be organised and planned.
• For this fixture, away supporters will be seated in the Away Seating in the South Stand and the Covered Terrace.
• There will be catering units available on the day of the game.
WHERE TO FOLLOW THE MATCH:
There will be ‘Live’ BBC Radio Surrey Sport Online commentary of the match with Rob Worrall and Guest Summariser, the former Bromley manager Neil Smith. There will also be Social Media coverage on Instagram & Twitter (@OfficialShots) with team news, updates and post-match coverage throughout the evening.