There is a fantastic opportunity for a new First Team Sports Therapist to join us!
For more details on the new job vacancy here, please see the below.
Aldershot Town F.C. are looking for a full-time Physiotherapist/Graduate Sports Therapist to lead the medical provision for the men’s first team.
Reporting to the First Team Manager and Coach, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of rehabilitation strategies following injury and illness and assisting in the clinical preparation of First Team Players. Based at both the Club’s Training Ground at Gordon’s School and The EBB Stadium, the role requires the successful candidate to work throughout the football season on a full-time basis, which may include evenings and weekends around the training and match schedules of the First Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an ambitious football club and we are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a strong knowledge and passion for all areas of Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy.
This role will suit a new graduate or clinician in their early career. The successful candidate will require a proactive approach to player care, and excellent time management and personal organisational skills. Regular mentorship supervision will be given.
Role accountabilities and key duties:
- Accountable for medical welfare including injury assessment and rehabilitation of the first team men’s squad
- Provide detailed written rehabilitation programmes for injured players
- Work collaboratively with the Strength and Conditioning department to deliver effective injury reduction strategies
- Ensure safe and appropriate first aid provision is present for all training sessions and matches
- Ordering and maintaining medical stock and supplies
- Maintain player medical records in accordance with HCPC and CSP standards
- Develop and maintain a club injury audit, that will be made available to the First Team Manager upon request
- Independent engagement with CPD
- Physiotherapy or BSc. Sports and Exercise Therapy
- Membership of HCPC and CSP (Physiotherapists) or Society of Sports Therapists
- Valid Level 3 First Aid (or equivalent)
- Up to date CPD records
- Full, clean driving licence and own car
- Valid UKAD Clean Sport Advisor training
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience working as a physiotherapist/graduate sports therapist in a sporting environment
- FA ATMMiF/ITMMiF certification
- FA Safeguarding certificate
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS).
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org