Ahead of tomorrow’s friendly against Crawley Town and the dawn of another Vanarama National League season, the grounds staff have been hard at work renovating The EBB Stadium pitch.
With action less than a day away, we can provide an update on the work that has taken place to get the pitch looking so ready for football.
- Scarify pitch to remove debris from the top of the soil profile
- Disc seeded the whole pitch
- Vertidrained :- Deep spiked
- Top dressed with 100 tonnes of silica sand
- Fertilised the pitch
- As a response to the flooding on the right-wing – particularly during the Wrexham game last season – we have installed a new land drain running the length of the pitch with spurs running into the lowest points on the wing – the scars from this may be visible for the first few matches.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the EBB Stadium so if you want to see the new pitch in action, you can buy tickets for tomorrow’s pre-season friendly against Crawley HERE
Thank you for your continued support!