We are delighted to announce our partnership with MatchdayInfo who are global providers of digital match day programmes for the upcoming 2020/21 season.
In turn, this partnership will see them provide us with a digital platform that allows us to sell our programme online for the first-time, providing supporters with a new and easily-accessible platform to consume the club’s match day programme.
Supporters that are unable to attend Aldershot Town home fixtures, (both home and visiting fans) or even those that follow the Shots from abroad, will be able to download the programme from the comfort of their own home or whilst on the move.
The club’s match programmes will be uploaded to the MatchDayInfo app as each home fixture kicks-off, ready to be purchased and downloaded to the supporter’s android or iPhone device.
MatchDayInfo’s partnership with the Shots also comes highly-recommended as they currently boast a number of professional sports team working with them already, including: Charlton Athletic, Wycombe Wanderers and London Irish.
Speaking on the new partnership Henry Port, Media and Marketing Manager said, “We’re excited to give our fans the chance to purchase programmes digitally as we look to enhance the quality of our programme going forward into next season. Whilst we appreciate that some fans will still want to continue to purchase physical copies, we want to ensure further our reach to those fans who aren’t always able to get to every game. As well as this, the digital programme is easily accessible through numerous electronic devices and the content is also able to be zoomed in which means we hope will help out visually impared supporters. The digital programmes can also be available when downloaded through airplane mode, meaning it can also be read easily when on the go too.
“With this partnership, we are able to provide a match day digital programme, it will ensure those fans get that authentic match day experience and feel part of that enticing atmosphere even from a distance. I’m really pleased to be working with Will and the guys at MatchDayInfo who have been exceptional throughout all of our discussions and are clearly an up and coming company in this industry.”
On completion of the agreement, Managing Director and Founder Will Biggs said, “We are delighted to be working alongside Aldershot Town FC ahead of the 2020/21 season. It gives any supporters who can’t make a home fixture, the opportunity to share an element of the match day experience and read the programme on the go. Aldershot Town has a diverse supporter base, this is a great way for them to connect with the club on another level.”
Programmes can still be purchased in physical copies as you enter the stadium. Digital copies will be available to download usually on a Saturday of each home game, with the regular price of the digital programme yet to be finalised.
To start you off, there are five match day programmes currently available free of charge on MatchdayInfo, (including the first home game of last season against A.F.C. Fylde), along with several other programmes expected to be available over the next few days for fans to enjoy as we look ahead to the start of the new season!
For a step-by-step guide on how you can download the A.F.C. Fylde programme, along with more home programmes from the app moving forward, please click the following links to download the app before seeing the below:
1) Firstly, for iPhone/iPad and Android users, please go to your retrospective app stores.
- 2) Search ‘MatchDayInfo’ or ‘Match Day Info’ (either search should see the app appear).(Alternatively, you can click the links below to download the app on either Apple or Android):
- Apple Download – apple.co/2lHlmqX
Android Download – bit.ly/2mbYkc33) Once the App has been downloaded, the fan has the opportunity to make an account and sign up via Email, Facebook or Twitter. (They can also wish to be push notified when their favourite team(s) uploads new content onto MatchdayInfo).
4) Once logged in, the user will land on the Home Page, which will show the featured event of that day (which will be the Aldershot Town programme)
5) Clicking on the featured picture will take you to the event programme – where fans have the opportunity to purchase the programme quickly and simply. (The programme will naturally take a few seconds to download, depending on the speed of your internet connection at the time of downloading).
6) The programme will then appear in front of the user. If they wish to exit, they can find their programme in the ‘Downloads’ section, where they can archive their favourite programmes and read when ever they wish.
7) To follow the ‘Aldershot Town’ Page, click ‘Explore’, then ’Team Index’ – then simply select ‘follow’ on the profile.
Any fans that encounter problems, or wish to submit feedback, can email email@example.com.