MATCH REPORT: Shots 3-1 Barnet

Two late goals from Inih Effiong and Tommy Willard were enough to secure Aldershot their second win of the season, beating Barnet 3-1 at the EBB.

Aldershot made a fast start to the game, delivering a floury of inviting crosses into the box in the opening 2 minutes, without warranting a real effort on goal.

After surviving the early Shots pressure, Barnet had a chance of their own, as Nicke Kakamba slipped past Giles Phillips to find himself in one on one with Luca Ashby-Hammond, but a brilliant recovery challenge from Phillips stopped Kabamba before he could get a strike away.

Justin Amaluzor looked a constant threat down the right again, and it was his tricky footwork to get into the box which gave Aldershot the opener, being fouled in the area for a penalty which Inih Effiong converted to give Aldershot the lead in the 25th minute.

Aldershot had a golden chance to double the lead in the 33rd minute, as Giles Phillips broke free and released Effiong in the Barnet box, driving the ball low at the keeper, before Amaluzor fired his rebound shot into a crowd of bodies, seeing the ball finally cleared.

Shots would be left to rue their missed chances, as Barnet found their way back into the game in the 34th minute, Harry Pritchard heading home a dangerous corner to level the game.

Inih Effiong had the ball in the net again before half time, converting past Laurie Walker from the edge of the box, but his effort was chalked off for offisde, meaning the sides went into the break all square.

Frances Vincent had a fantastic opportunity just seconds in the second half, Francis Amartey finding him on the overlap, with his effort beating Walker in the Barnet goal but being cleared off the line to deny Shots the chance to re-take the lead.

Shots first change of the afternoon came after an hour, with Francis Amartey making way for Tommy Willard.

Just after the hour Aldershot had one of the best chances of the game, Inih Effiong running in behind the Barnet defence before cutting back and seeing his curled effort saved fantastically by Laurie Walker in the visitors net.

Unfortunately for Amaluzor his afternoon came to an end in the 65th minute, as he hobbled off with an injury and was replaced by Harry Panayiotou.

Shots final change looked as though it was through injury again, Josh McQuoid going down seemigly through cramp and being replaced by Michael Klass in the 78th minute.

Inih Effiong won a free kick in a dangerous area for Aldershot in the 85th minute, but Archie Davies failed to make anything of the chance, sending his effort well wide.

Aldershot were much more dominant in the second, and finally found their way through the Barnet defence, as Inih Effiong won the ball back from in a dangerous position, and worked his way into a shooting position and scored from close range to give Aldershot a late lead.

Tommy Willard sealed all 3 pointd for Aldershot moments later, cutting inside from the left wing and sending the ball low past Walker to wrap up a brilliant afternoon for Aldershot.

Aldershot Team: 1. Luca Ashby-Hammond, 2. Archie Davies, 3. Ollie Harfield, 5. Tyler Cordner, 7. Justin Amaluzor (65′, 11. Harry Panayiotou), 8. Frank Vincnet, 9. Inih Effiong, 10. Josh McQuoid (C) (78′, 20. Michael Klass), 14. Francis Amartey (59′, 27. Tommy Willard), 22. Giles Phillips, 23. Ryan Glover. Unused subs: 13. Ryan Hall, 16. Corey Jordan