MATCH REPORT: Shots 2-1 York City

Terry Brown enjoyed a winning return to the dugout, as goals from Tyler Cordner and Tommy Willard were enough to earn Shots the points against 10 man York.

It was an even start to the game, but Shots would hit first through Tyler Cordner. The defender rose highest from a corner and put it low, beating former Shot Ethan Ross in the York goal to score his fourth of the season after 6 minutes.

Shots came close again after 15 minutes, after some good work from Harry Panayiotou saw him beat his man and put a good ball across to Inih Effiong, but the strikers effort was blocked and put behind for a corner.

Shots had another golden chance after 35 minutes, Inih Effiong this time doing really well to hold off Maxim Kouogun before feeding the ball through to Harry Panayiotou, who hit his shot straight at Ross in the York net.

York were reduced to 10 men in the 39th minute, after Alex Hurst slid in and caught Frank Vincent late, a challenge which referee Ruebyn Ricardo deemed dangerous enough to be penalised with a red card.

Despite a dominant end to the half against the 10 men, Shots were unable to score again, and the sides went in at half time with Shots 1-0 up.

Shots almost doubled the lead just after the break, with Joe Partington flashing a header right across goal after a great delivery from Ollie Harfield, but nobody could get on the end of it to double the Shots lead.

York found their way back into the game after an hour, after a goulmouth scramble ended with the ball in the back of the net, with Lenell John-Lewis running away to claim the goal.

With the scores level, Terry Brown looked to the bench, bringing on Kenny Davis and Justin Amaluzor for Harry Panayiotou and Joe Partington, with Giles Phillips also taking the captain’s armband in the process.

Giles Phillips was given a massive chance to put Shots back into the lead after 69 minutes, as Ryan Glover put a good ball across goal towards the defender, who put his effort over from inside the box.

Amaluzor looked lively after coming on, and in the 73rd minute he almost put Shots ahead, getting on the end of a loose ball but curling his effort wide of the York goal.

After a sustained period of pressure, Aldershot finally found their way back into the lead through Tommy Willard, after Sam Sanders missed a through ball, leaving Willard to beat one defender and put his efffort past Ethan Ross to put Shots ahead in the 78th minute.

Shots final change of the afternoon came in the 90th minute, as Ryan Glover made way for Corey Jordan, after an impressive shift down the right hand side for Aldershot.

York failed to reply, giving Shots all 3 points after a dominant display at the EBB.

Shots team: 1. Ashby-Hammond, 2. Davies, 3. Harfield, 4. Partington (C) (12. Kenny Davies, 64′) 5. Cordner, 8. Vincent, 9. Effiong, 11. Panayiotou (7. Amaluzor, 64′), 22. Phillips, 23. Glover (16. Jordan, 90′), 27. Willard, Unused subs: 17. Bettache, 18. Alfa