MATCH REPORT: Shots 1-2 Wealdstone

Wealdstone got the better of Aldershot at the EBB, as Frank Vincent’s first half strike was cancelled out by a second half Rhys Browne brace, earning the Stones all 3 points.

VIncent marked re-signing on a 3 month loan with an emphatic strike to get the Shots rolling after 7 minutes, after some fine Inih Effiong hold up play saw Vincent with the chance to strike from outside the box, a chance which he buried past Sam Howes in the Wealdstone net.

Wealdstone began to feel their way into the game, forcing Luca Ashby-Hammond into the first real save of the game after 16 minutes, as he tipped behind a close range effort to keep the Shots ahead.

The visitors were becoming more comfortable in the game, and almost found themselves level after 20 minutes, as Allarakhia found his way into the box, and played an inviting shot come cross that was inches away from Olomola at the back post.

Inih Effiong almost found himself in behind the defence on the counter just before the break, but was stopped by Deji Elerewe just inside the Stones half as Elerewe went into the book. Shots were unable to make anymore waves before the referee’s whistle, and went into the break a goal to the good.

Shots began the second half on the back foot, but were more than holding their own defensively, with Luca Ashby-Hammond called into action on a couple of occasions to keep Aldershot a goal ahead, the pick of the bunch coming after his flying save saw David Sesay’s curling effort sent out for a corner.

Shots first change of the afternoon saw QPR loanee Bettache replaced by Giles Phillips in the 64th minute.

Despite the defensive solidity, Shots conceded in the 66th minute, after a low driven corner found its way into the path of Rhys Browne, who scored with a tap in from point blank range.

Inih Effiong had a good chance to put Shots back into the lead in the 72nd minute, after some good linkup play with Justin Amaluzor found him with a shooting chance, that was saved low by Howes. Amaluzor had a great chance from the resulting corner, the ball falling nicely to him just inside the box, but he put his effort well over.

Rhys Browne scored again for the visitors in the 76th minute, putting the ball past Ashby-Hammond with a curling effort following a cutback from Jack Cook.

Shots had one more throw of the dice in the 82nd minute, with Francis Amartey and Ody Alfa coming on for Tommy Willard and Corey Jordan.

Francis Amartey came close to scoring, after a mazy run from his own half found him in behind the Stones defence, but his effort was saving, earning a corner that Shots could not capitalise from.

Justin Amaluzor was given a golden chance to grab a point at the death, but he could not connect with the ball at the back post, and saw his shot spurned wide.

Despite the changes, Shots could not come up with an answer, and were defeated at home for the first time in 3 games.

Shots lineup: 1. Luca Ashby-Hammond, 2. Archie Davies, 3. Ollie Harfield, 5. Tyler Cordner, 7. Justin Amaluzor, 8. Frank Vincent, 9. Inih Effiong (c), 16. Corey Jordan, 17. Faysal Bettache (22. Giles Phillips, 64′), 23. Ryan Glover, 27. Tommy Willard, Subs: 32. Toby Fisher, 11. Harry Panayiotou, 14. Francis Amartey, 18. Ody Alfa