MATCH REPORT: Shots 0-1 Bromley

Aldershot left frustrated as Reece Hannam’s first half effort was enough to secure Bromley all 3 points at the EBB with a 1-0 victory.

Tommy Willard started the game brightly for the Shots, almost putting Molesley’s men in the opening exchanges, his shot in the 4th minute going just over the bar.

Joe Partington had another sighter for the Shots, but it was Bromley who took the lead after some good work from Corey Whitely found Reece Hannam, who scored his first goal for Bromley in the 9th minute to give the visitors the lead.

Willard continued to look sharp, coming close again in the 20th minute, as his shot dragged agonisingly  wide across the goal and out for a goal kick.

Shots captain on the day and former Bromley man Joe Partington’s day came to an unfortunate end in the 23rd minute, coming off with an injury against his former side, with another former Bromley man Michael Klass taking his place.

Luca Ashby-Hammond was called into a fantastic save after a Michael Cheek ball found George Alexander, coming out and making himself big to deny Alexander the opportunity to double the visitors advantage in the 35th minute.

Aldershot almost levelled the scores after a towering header from Cordner got on the end of an Ollie Harfield free kick in the 41st minute, but his header was straight down the neck of Bromley keeper Charles-Cook.

Sowunmi was lucky to stay on the pitch, after he picked up a yellow in the 39th minute, and a few minutes later put in another late challenge, which the referee deemed to be nothing more than a throw in, despite the complaints of the Shots fans and players.

After a goalmouth scramble, Charles-Cook came away with the ball, and the first half drew to a close. Very much a first 45 of frustration for the Shots, having had more of the ball, with the best chances of the half going the other direction.

Aldershot had the first big chance of the second half, with Inih Effiong was denied from a fantastic Charles-Cook save, his header saved down low by the Bromley stopper to keep the score at 1-0 just after the restart.

It was a bright start to the second 45 for the keepers, as Ashby-Hammond this time made a good save to deny George Alexander the chance to double Bromley’s lead in the 52nd minute.

Shots second change of the afternoon after Ryan Glover picked up a knock following a good chance, being replaced by Francis Amartey in the 61st minute.

Michael Cheek was given a golden opportunity to double the Bromley lead, after Louis Dennis did really well to keep the ball in, finding Cheek in the box, but his effort sailed over the bar.

Aldershot were starting to take real control of the game, and in the 68th minute had the best chance to level the score. A free kick put into a dangerous area fell to Francis Amartey, and his header forced Charles-Cook to pull off another fantastic save.

Justin Amaluzor made way for Harry Panayiotou going into the final 10 minutes, as Shots pressed on looking to make their pressure count.

Michael Cheek came closest to scoring Bromley’s second, but Ashby-Hammond again made a good save to keep Aldershot alive in the tie with 3 minutes to play. However, Shots couldn’t make anything of the pressure and the game ended in a defeat.

Shots team: 1. Luca Ashby-Hammond, 2. Archie Davies, 3. Ollie Harfield, 4. Joe Partington (C) (20. Michael Klass, 23′) , 5. Tyler Cordner, 7. Justin Amaluzor (11. Harry Panayiotou, 79′) , 9. Inih Effiong, 10. Josh McQuoid, 22. Giles Phillips, 23. Ryan Glover (14. Francis Amartey, 61′) , 27. Tommy Willard. Subs not used: 13. Ryan Hall, 16. Corey Jordan