MATCH REPORT: Kidderminster Harriers (A)

Aldershot left Kidderminster without any points, despite racing into a two goal lead.

Four changes were made from the side that exited the FA Trophy as Jasper Sheik, Tyler Frost, Lorent Tolaj and Maxwell Mullins replaced Jordi van Stappershoef, Stuart O’Keefe, Kwame Thomas and Coby Rowe.

Jasper Sheik made his Shots debut in between the sticks – the 18-year-old former England Schoolboy has impressed on loan and in training this season.

The Shots found the back of the net after just five minutes through a lovely, quick move. Olly Scott won the ball back in Kidderminster’s half and played it down the left to Lorent Tolaj; he cut it back to Josh Stokes, who was able to show composure with a neat finish into the bottom corner.

Kidderminster were keen to impress their new manager, Phil Brown, and refused to let going behind early dampen their efforts as they started to put some pressure onto Aldershot with a few set-pieces in and around the danger zone.

The home side were unable to threaten Sheik’s goal, however and on another quick breakaway, the Shots were able to double their advantage from the penalty spot via Cian Harries with Lorent Tolaj fouled.

Theo Widdrington won the ball back in his own half and good work from Josh Stokes brought the ball forward where it ended up with Tolaj, only for the Swiss striker to be brought down as he entered the penalty area.

Harries hasn’t missed from the spot so far this season and made no mistake again as he sent Christian Dibble the wrong way to double Aldershot’s advantage in the 24th minute.

But, five minutes later, Kidderminster has the opportunity to get back into the game with a penalty of their own as Amari Morgan-Smith initiated contact in the box. Ashley Hemmings would also make no mistake as his effort straight down the middle hit the back of the net.

And the home side would get the game back level in the 37th minute as Hemmings scored his second goal. A good finish from around the penalty spot was too powerful for Sheik and saw Kidderminster rescue the game from a two-goal disadvantage.


Kidderminster completed their comeback just two minutes into the second-half as Amari Morgan-Smith’s header found the back of the net and put the home side in front.

The goal spurred on the Harriers who wouldn’t let Aldershot have a moment of peace on the ball with constant pressure – but they failed to let their momentum turn into key chances with Sheik not tested during their spell of dominance after their goal.

Harriers were given a fantastic chance to increase their lead in the 66th minute when they were awarded their second (and the third of the game) penalty for a dubious foul on Morgan-Smith as the ball went out of play.

Sheik pulled off a fantastic save to deny Ashley Hemmings a hat-trick, though, and put somewhat of a shine on his Shots debut.

But, Kidderminster were able to score a fourth in the 77th minute through Gold Omotayo. Ash Hemmings drove forward on the counter and though his shot was well saved by Sheik, the rebound fell straight to the Kidderminster striker who had just come on.

Sheik pulled off a smart reaction stop to save the scoreline from getting any worse for his side in stoppage time but it was an afternoon to forget for the Shots.

Attendance: 3089 (284 Away)

Shots lineup: 37. Jasper Sheik, 3. Ollie Harfield, 4. Cian Harries (C), 6. Theo Widdrington, 8. Tyler Frost (17. Aaron Jones 80′), 9. Lorent Tolaj, 10. Josh Stokes, 11. Ryan Glover, 18. Olly Scott, 22. Jack Barham, 24. Maxwell Mullins (39. Kwame Thomas 68′).

Subs not used: 38. Finlay Westen, 7. Stuart O’Keefe, 34. Dejan Tetek.