MATCH REPORT: Bromley 2-2 Shots

The points were shared in Bromley after a good battle from both sides. Jake Hutchinson and an Ollie Harfield free-kick twice gave The Shots the lead but each time, Michael Cheek was able to equalise for the hosts as the game finished 2-2.

Bromley had the first chance of the game as neither side were able to do much except launch it forward in the first five minutes. A good long-range effort from Louis Dennis forced Luca Ashby-Hammond to tip it round the post at full-stretch.

Aldershot took a while to get there first shot on goal but made it count as they took the lead in the 17th minute. Tyler Cordner did brilliantly to intercept a pass out the back from Bromley and his inch-perfect through ball played in Jake Hutchinson who poked the ball under Reice Charles-Cook.

Bromley looked to respond instantly and Harry Forster looked dangerous down their right-wing; However, they were restricted to another long-range Dennis shot although this one was off target.

The Shots were playing nice football, led by new-boys Oliver Pendlebury and Karoy Anderson in central-midfield and a nice move resulted in Ryan Glover smashing the post from a tight angle.

The hosts began to pile on the pressure from the half-hour mark and enjoyed a prolonged spell of possession and half-chances and their persistance would be rewarded when they equalised in the 36th minute.

A patiently built-up move resulted in Ashby-Hammond saving another shot from outside the box but he could only parry it and a dinked cross from Forster was headed home by Michael Cheek.


The second-half started slowly and neither side got much of a look-in at either goal until the hour when Michael Cheek was inches away from another tap-in as a powerful cross from the left evaded everybody.

Bromley were looking most likely to make something happen as they had the fair share of possession and came close with another effort from distance. Corey Whitely, this time forcing Ashby-Hammond into another good save.

As the game hit the 70th minute, it sprung into action as Aldershot took the lead again. Justin Amaluzor did magnificently to chase what looked a lost cause and by keeping the ball in, was fouled by Byron Webster and the Shots had a dangerous free-kick deep down their right-wing.

Ollie Harfield took the set-piece and according to the stadium announcer, his delivery went through everybody and in – Although there may have been a slight touch from Corey Jordan.

But, within minutes, Bromley had equalised again and Michael Cheek was the scorer again. A quick break from the hosts saw Whitely square it to Cheek who was able to finish for his second of the afternoon.

Cheek had a glorious chance for his hat-trick as the game drew to a close. He was played in with a pinpoint through goal but dragged his shot wide in what turned out to be the final chance of the game.

Shots lineup: 1. Luca Ashby-Hammond, 3. Ollie Harfield, 5. Tyler Cordner, 9. Inih Effiong (c) (27. Tommy Willard 62′), 15. Karoy Anderson, 16. Corey Jordan, 17. Jake Hutchinson (7. Justin Amaluzor 62′), 19. Oliver Pendlebury, 20. Michael Klass, 22. Haji Mnoga (2. Archie Davies 79′), 23. Ryan Glover. Subs not used: 11. Harrison Panayiotou, 18. Peter Abimbola.