MATCH REPORT: Aldershot Town u23s 3 Oxford City u23s 3 (H) (Suburban League)

Aldershot Town u23’s fought back from behind twice in a thrilling game which ended 3-3 against Oxford City u23’s in the Suburban League.

The first 15 minutes was even between the two sides. Horn-Haynes and Macallister forced saves from the Oxford City keeper and Aldershot Town appealed for a penalty after a challenge on Horn-Haynes but the ref gave a goal kick.

In the 20th Minute Oxford City delivered a corner, the first header produced a great save from Hall but it was bundled in by the Oxford City forward to put them 1-0 up. After the goal the game slowed a bit as Oxford City had the better of possession.

In the 33rd minute Osu made a great challenge to prevent the Oxford City winger from breaking away and put the ball out for a corner. However, the resulting corner was delivered into the back post and headed into the far corner by Oxford City as they made the score 2-0.

Towards the end of the half Aldershot Town started to pile on the pressure as Willard managed to beat his man and win a free kick as we went into injury time in the first half. The resulting delivery was put into the box by Willard and headed home by the captain Angell to get Aldershot Town a goal back just before half time.

At half-time Aldershot Town made 3 changes as Vine, Mullins and Chiplin all entered the field.

Aldershot Town started the second half strong with Macallister forcing multiple saves from the Oxford City keeper.

In the 66th minute the Oxford City forward latched onto a long ball over the top and finished past Hall to make it 3-1.

Just two minutes after Aldershot Town won a penalty after a challenge in the box, the resulting penalty is calmly slotted home by Willard to pull Aldershot back to just a goal behind.

In the 78th minute Aldershot Town made another change as De Lacy-Turner entered the field and made an instant impact producing a cross into the box, but no-one could latch onto the end of it.

As we entered the last 10 minutes Aldershot pushed for the equaliser and Angell had a shot saved by the keeper. Minutes later Aldershot Town had a free kick in an inviting position but it was put over the bar by Macallister.

As we entered injury time Vine had a shot well saved by the Oxford City keeper. In the 94th minute Aldershot Town won a penalty after a foul on Horn-Haynes. The resulting penalty was calmly slotted home by Angell as Aldershot Town drew level in the last moments of the game.

The ref blew his whistle shorty after and a hard-fought game between both sides finished in a 3-3 draw.

Aldershot Town U23’s: 1 R Hall (G/K), 2 KJ Osu, 3 S Grosch, 4 D Jones, 5 W Angell (C), 6 J Gorman, 7 L Horn-Haynes, 8 J Berkeley-Agyepong, 9 A Macallister, 10 K Anderson, 11 T Willard

Used Subs: Vine, Chiplin, Mullins, De Lacy-Turner

Unused Subs: T Sutcliffe, O Lahtinen-Kalsi