Aldershot Town secured a valuable point at home to Barnet that sees them rise up to 19th place in the National League table.

Danny Searle made just one change to the side that beat Stockport County last week, with Kodi Lyons-Foster coming into replace the injured Alex Finney.

It was an even start to the match from both sides, with neither able to create any clear-cut opportunities in the opening 30 minutes.

The first half chance of the game came in the 8th minute when Barnet midfielder Jack Taylor found himself with space on the edge of the box but was unable to keep his effort from flying over the goal.

Aldershot’s first look at goal came in the 21st minute when captain Dean Rance tried his luck from the edge of the area but his effort didn’t worry Barnet goalkeeper Scott Loach, who watched it sail over the bar.

Ethan Chislett was next to try test Loach on the half hour mark but was unable to keep his curving effort on target.

The only big chance of the half came in the 39th minute, after a pinpoint perfect cross from Barnet defender Cheye Alexander found Simeon Akinola whose powerful header was brilliantly saved by Mitch Walker.

There was a short stoppage of play in the 42nd minute as Barnet’s Josh Walker was taken off injured and replaced by Ephron Mason-Clark.

The away side thought they had opened the scoring in the 50th minute when Akinola left footed effort was palmed by Walker straight into Lyons-Foster who was lucky to see the ball rebound out for the corner.

From the resulting corner, Barnet again thought they had scored the first goal of the game. Callum Reynolds rose highest to the ball but his headed effort went inches past the post.

The Shots had their first chance of the half in the 62nd minute when Ethan Chislett tried to chip the keeper but his shot went narrowly over the bar.

The home side were looking the more likely of the teams to get the winner as the game entered into the final quarter.

Despite the pressure they were unable to capitalise and create any clear-cut chances.

The Shots thought they may have won the match with the last kick of the game after some brilliant link up play between Chislett and Mohamed Bettamer set the youngster through on goal, but Loach was out quick off his line to deny the 21-year-old a last-minute winner.

Aldershot Town XI: 1 M. Walker, 2 R. Tinkler, 3 L. Kinsella, 4 D. Rance (C), 6 K. Lyons-Foster, 19 M. Bettamer, 20 E. Chislett, 24 L. Walker (Whittingham 78), 25 M. Hunt, 26 C. Tanner (Shields 90), 34 J. Powell.

Unused Subs: Anderson, Rowe, Panayiotou.

Barnet XI: 1 S. Loach, 2 C. Alexander, 3 E. Johnson, 4 C. Reynolds, 6 J. Dunne (C), 7 J. Taylor, 14 S. Akinola, 16 H. Taylor, 18 W. Fonguck (Vilhete 85), 22 J. Walker (Mason Clark 43) 23 D. Tutonda (Sparkes 74)

Unused Subs: Azaze, Edwards.