WHO ARE THE SHOTS PLAYING?
Notts County, also known as The Magpies, Founded 1862 (the oldest professional association football club in the world)
HOW DID THEY DO LAST SEASON?
The Magpies finished 5th last season, with 70 points. They beat Chesterfield in the Play-Off Eliminator before losing 4-2 in the Semi-Final at Torquay United.
HOW DID SHOTS GET ON AGAINST THEM LAST SEASON?
Aldershot Town did the double over Notts County last season, with 1-0 victories at the EBB Stadium in November 2020 and at Meadow Lane in March 2021. Harrison Panayiotou scored the only goal in both matches. Earlier this season, Notts County beat Aldershot Town 3-2 at Meadow Lane. Corie Andrews scored both Shots goals.
WHO’S THEIR GAFFER?:
38-year-old Ian Burchnall was appointed Head Coach of Notts County in March 2021, following the departure of previous boss Neal Ardley. Prior to his appointment, Burchnall had managed Norwegian clubs Viking and Ostersund.
MAGPIES PLAYING SQUAD:
Familiar names still at Meadow Lane include keeper Sam Slocombe, Defenders Richard Brindley, Connell Rawlinson & Dion Kelly-Evans and Midfielder Jim O’Brien. Going forward, County have three potent attackers; Winger Callum Roberts has weighed in with 9 goals this season to date, whilst Ruben Rodrigues (17 goals in all comps) has been in scintillating form, whilst last season’s top goalscorer, Kyle Wootton once again leads the way with 20 Goals (all comps).
WHO’S GOT THE WHISTLE?
Saturday’s referee is Gary Parsons. So far this season, he has taken charge of 16 National League matches, showing 67 Yellow Cards and 2 Red Cards.
HOW TO GET TICKETS:
Our Ticket Office will be opening on the day of the game from 11am for home supporters who would like to purchase on the day of the game, (we advise fans planning on buying tickets on the day to arrive earlier). We further encourage supporters to pre-book their tickets via our upgraded Flowte ticket website HERE to avoid queues on the day.
With our Flowte ticket website, supporters can pick their exact seats and have their tickets emailed to them which can be scanned off a smart phone or printed off before the day of the game.
We will NOT be accepting payment at the turnstiles but for supporters who decide to attend closer to the game, they will be able to purchase their tickets via the Club Shop/Ticket Office in person through cash, card or contactless payment.
Following this, please use the scanners on the turnstiles to enter through to the ground once they’ve collected their ticket.
Turnstiles will open at 1:30pm.
We would also like to take the time to remind supporters of our new pricing structure going forward.
With updated Concession categories and in replacement of our Under 11s Go Free scheme, we have now introduced a new Family Ticket as shown in the full pricing list below:
- Adult – £20
- Concession (Disabled + Carer, Senior (over 65) – £16
- Junior (17 & under) – £7
- Family Ticket (2 Adults, up to 3 Juniors) – £45
- Family Ticket (2 Concession, up to 3 Juniors) – £40
• Tickets for away fans will not be available on the turnstiles on the day of the game, they must be purchased online or from the ticket office.
• All Notts County Supporters will enter the ground via Turnstile 4 at the front of the ground. This game is segregated.
• Disabled/Carers should be booked in advance via our ticket office, but if they arrive on the day those people need to purchase their ticket from the ticket office. We have limited wheelchair spaces, so we advise supporters are advised to reserve them prior to the game.
• Any planned Supporter Coach travel needs to be advised to Aldershot Town in advance so that coach parking can be organised and planned.
• For this fixture, away supporters will be seated in the Away Seating in the South Stand and the Covered Terrace.
• There will be catering units available on the day of the game.
WHERE TO FOLLOW THE MATCH:
There will be ‘Live’ BBC Radio Surrey Sport Online commentary of the match with Rob Worrall and Guest Summariser Steve Aspinall. There will also be Social Media coverage on Instagram & Twitter (@OfficialShots) with team news, updates and post-match coverage throughout the afternoon.