WHO ARE THE SHOTS PLAYING?
Kingstonian FC, The K’s, 1885.
HOW ARE THEY DOING THIS SEASON?
The K’s are currently 7th in the Isthmian Premier League (Step 3 of Non-League) with 32 points from 18 games. On Wednesday evening, they lost 1-0 at home to East Thorrock, one of the three teams they have already beaten in this season’s FA Trophy to reach this stage. Royston & Farnborough (4-1) are the other sides they have knocked out to date.
WHO’S THEIR GAFFER?
Hayden Bird – the former Croydon Athletic, Carshalton Athletic, Bromley and Merstham manager, has been the ‘Gaffer’ at Kingstonian since May 2019. Hugely successful at Merstham, he followed that up with the K’s best FA Cup run in 20 years, as he led Kingstonian to the 2nd Round.
THREE KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
Goalkeeper – Rob Tolfrey is the club’s record appearance holder, having broken a 36-year club record earlier this season, when making his 559th appearance for the K’s, across 12 years.
Winger – Nyren Clunis, has a reputation for whipping in dangerous crosses and also has an excellent goalscoring record. The former Dulwich Hamlet player scored 117 goals in 486 matches for The Hamlet, left Champion Hill in the summer to sign for The K’s.
Forward – 28-year-old Jason Banton, a former Arsenal & Blackburn Rovers Youth player, leads the line for Kingstonian. Once on the books at Liverpool FC, Banton is probably best known for his time at Plymouth Argyle, where he made 52 appearances. The K’s are his 20th club since 2011!
WHO’S GOT THE WHISTLE?
Saturday’s referee is Paul Johnson, who has not refereed in the National League this season.
HOW TO GET TICKETS:
Our Ticket Office will be opening on the day of the game from 11am for home supporters who would like to purchase on the day of the game, (we advise fans planning on buying tickets on the day to arrive earlier). We further encourage supporters to pre-book their tickets via our upgraded Flowte ticket website HERE to avoid queues on the day.
With our Flowte ticket website, supporters can pick their exact seats and have their tickets emailed to them which can be scanned off a smart phone or printed off before the day of the game.
We will NOT be accepting payment at the turnstiles but for supporters who decide to attend closer to the game, they will be able to purchase their tickets via the Club Shop/Ticket Office in person through cash, card or contactless payment.
Following this, please use the scanners on the turnstiles to enter through to the ground once they’ve collected their ticket.
Turnstiles will open at 1:30pm.
We would also like to take the time to inform supporters of our ticket prices for this Buildbase FA Trophy clash. Please see our full pricing list as shown below:
- Adult £14
- Concession (Disabled + Carer, Senior (over 65) £10
- Junior (17 & under) £5
Season Ticket Holders – This game has automatically been uploaded to your Season Card.
· All AWAY Supporters will enter the ground via turnstile 4 at the front of the ground.
· We are not selling tickets on the turnstiles this season. We encourage supporters to pre-buy from our website HERE.
· Tickets will be available online right up until kick off.
· Tickets can also be purchased over the phone on 01252 320211.
· Disabled/Carer tickets should be booked in advance via our ticket office. We have limited wheelchair spaces, so we advise supporters to reserve them prior to the matchday.
· Turnstiles will open at 1:30pm.
· Any planned Supporter Coach travel needs to be advised to Aldershot Town in advance so coach parking can be planned and organised.
· For this fixture away supporters will be seated in the Away Seating in the South East Stand.
· There will be catering units available.
WHERE TO FOLLOW THE MATCH:
There will be ‘Live’ BBC Radio Surrey Sport Online commentary of the match with Rob Worrall and Guest Summariser Matt Foot. There will also be Social Media coverage on Instagram & Twitter (@OfficialShots) with team news, updates and post-match coverage throughout the afternoon.